Friday, April 24, 2009

Inappropriate attire and sending 'messages'

Yes, Singaporeans have been recently -or maybe not so recently- branded as too lazy in choice of clothing. Everywhere we go, we see people with t-shirt, shorts, flip flops.

It's t-shirt, shorts, flip flops.
T-shirt, shorts, flip flops.
T-shirt, shorts, flip flops.
The army of badly dressed Singaporeans.

Yes. Indeed. It's so inappropriate, especially if you're shopping at Orchard road. And guys, seriously, Singapore isn't that hot. I'm just surprised people don't freeze their asses off by wearing like that in our mostly air conditioned places. I sure hope those people won't wear that 'standard' outfit to a wedding dinner. Hah, that'll be funny.

Lians love to dress like that too, I noticed. It's the same ol' tight fitting shirt, mini mini shorts(gosh, they exists!) and flip flops. Oh, don't forget about the hideously straight rebonded hair. Hideously straight. My gosh, it just looks like they put a sheet of black paper over it. I don't think all of them have unruly and untamable hair right? In fact, I think that the only thing that's unruly and untamable are their characters.

I can just imagine them going "wharts sho wronq abut teeeshiirtx shortxz and flipp flopps? atxx leastxz wee dun habbe ugly leggs lykk euu" Umm, by the way, lians and their toothpick legs do not interest me or spark the slightest bit of envy.

Since we're on the topic of bad dressing, I just wonder what kind of messages these people sent? Especially those females who wear translucent tight fitting T shirt with some black bra below. You know, my direct inference would be that they are trying to act like hookers. It is hardly sexy. Of course, I do not mean that everyone should be wearing knee length skirts and whatnot. We're in a modern world, yada yada, but still, t-shirt, shorts, flip flops is just...overboard.

There's a thin line between trendy and just plain off-fashion. I believe ah lians have crossed that line.

No comments: